Tuesday 23 July 2013

Starting work on indie games.

So as my programming friend and I have come up with couple game ideas to try and make have been looking for and trying out freeware alternative programs to photoshop, so we could possible sell our games with out having to buy expensive licenses. Tried to download artweave first but turned out it was PC only so then downloaded GIMPshop and spent today trying to use it... yeah I can't get to use to it it very slow and awkward process, hardly any shortcut and brush motion is awkward.

Best I could do before it bothered me so much to stop, layers seem like completely separate documents and can't colour pick from lower layers, Wacom tablet pen pressure... all kinds of things that bothered me.
So thing going try download Photoshop CS2 as thats freeware... may even try making assets in Machinarium/Botanicula style by just manipulating and collageing images to make assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment