Wednesday 24 April 2013

A pair of WiPs... I'm good at starting stuff and not finishing them.

So firstly just decided couple days ago that I wanted to do painting of one of my Warhammer figures, just felt like doing it.  Trying to get my lighting right with this piece, current too dark at moment. Also was trying be kinder fast with this one, which hasn't turn out quiet that well.


Second piece is technique my tutor said I should try out, by Arne Niklas Jansson this technique is suppose to simulate traditional acrylic painting style in digital medium.  His technique starts off with line work drawing, then erasing away a texture (toothbrush splatter )he has added to match the line work. I've decided to try this out a with piece of line work done by my group member Chloe on our current university project. Since its supposed to be ghoul have used bruised skin as base texture and followed the same steps. 


This first image I'm extremely happy with within an hour have managed to achieve this, pretty fast work for once. Below end up being a little fun want to have to try get more texture on to the piece, as the paint over had kinder lost the original skin texture. I remembered a fellow student on my course Charlie likes to use Mango overlayed on some of his piece, to give an interesting range of colours. The first image below is the above with all its layer merged and then colour balance to be more blue and corpsely and then with a Mango overlayed. The second picture decided to have fun and try another fruit so tried a cut open grapefruit, which have given this intrest look of exposed muscle tissue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment